Monday 30 May 2016

Baby stepping like its 2015

Yup.  Again. Just like last year.
Just in time for riding in the forest.
Injured!
Except this time I partially tore my rotator cuff...argh!

Not even exactly sure how it happened (playing on the Hardwood low ropes course? crashing my mtb on that last ride in Pennsylvania? too many pull-up attempts?)... probably a combination of these things & I'm fairly certain my daily riding through the pain was making it worse until my angry shoulder just wouldn't let me hold handlebars anymore!

Looking back at the past couple weeks I am very thankful for the more minor nature of my injury.  I shudder to think how it must feel to have a completely torn/damaged shoulder...my one partial tear has been so painful I now understand how it's possible to become addicted to painkillers.  Scary!  Especially since I think my pain tolerance is pretty strong!

But the fact that as of today I can now sit here at this desk and type on my computer without too much discomfort makes me super excited that I'm moving towards being able to ride soon I hope...

Here I go again...baby stepping like it's 2015.

Maybe a little carried away with my love of the colour red?  2016 Ocup #1 at Woodnewton in the rain...kinda hurting...but still having so much fun.  

A little bit glad I wasn't able to race Ocup 2 at Duntroon Highlands! WOW crazy 'winter in spring' conditions!

Happy to cheer on the awesome tough Master Sport Women braving the Duntroon SNOW & MUD!

Meanwhile...













No comments:

Post a Comment