Wednesday 10 May 2017

2017 Woodnewton Ocup #1 & Kingston Ocup #2


April 23 - Woodnewton - such a great fun day!  WOW could not really be a better day - warm sunny perfect dirt on fun trails.  Plus so many of my favourite people were racing too which made it even better!  (still working on sorting out that knee...thankful it's better on a bike!)

Hike-a-bike city
May 7 - Kingston mud fest....
we arrived on Saturday to the scene of riders totally covered in mud bikes just caked thick.   So we chose to hike the pre-ride to save the bikes for racing Sunday.  (My husband was with me this time - excited he was going to race too!)
On our pre-ride-hike so many fun sections but 90% of the trail was soupy ankle deep glop which for me is basically hike-a-bike city.   It was challenging staying upright in some places just walking in hiking boots vs cycling shoes & no bike to push!   
 Plus it was still raining. And it rained all night.
And the morning still raining:
Rain starts?  It never stopped!
And I learned I have a limit to what I will race in! (plus my grumpy knee was a factor - on the bike it's fine - after hiking not so much) So I just said no & decided to save the bike & body & not race.   Sad to not ride - but happy to not have a giant mess to clean!  Ya definitely getting old & soft.  Huge kudos to the tough cookies who raced!

Kingston - we'll be back!  Those awesome trails have cool stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment